The Columba Chapel

The North transept was re-ordered and dedicated to Saint Columba on 9th June 1963 (Saint Columba’s Day – 1400 years after Columba sailed with his fellow monks to Iona) for the purpose of being a Chapel of Prayer for Peace. Dean Gilbert Mayes had the vision to do this following a pilgrimage to the island of Iona. Stones from Iona are still to be seen inlaid into the floor just outside the communion rails.

MORE OF OUR HERITAGE

DONATIONS

Help us Preserve the Past

Read More

© ST. CARTHAGES CATHEDRAL 2017 | Built at Red Heaven Design